While aspiring writers produce great logs and shanties every year, only a select few make it into the official cruise songbooks. These songs are steeped in history, mystery, and er... there's nothing else rhymes with history, is there? Bother.
This list is by no means complete, but here are just some of the songs you'll be singing/shouting on camp...
- A Gallant Young Harrier/Mallard/Kestrel
- Amazing Horn
- Ballad of the Broads
- Commodore I wonder
- Commy come and help us
- Every summer / Harriers/Mallards/Kestrels Are We
- Fender song
- Gone Is The Skipper
- Gybe ho
- I am the very model
- I cannot sail
- I closed my eyes
- I'm a Harrier/Mallard/Kestrel and I'm okay
- I'm only an innocent skipper
- If I were the Commodore
- Is this the real life?
- Just A Quant At Twilight
- Mincy Mincy
- My Quantpole lies over the ocean
- My favourite things
- Oh, we'd love to learn to sail
- Right, said Geoff
- The Norfolk Broads cruiser
- The Otter / We are the Harriers/Mallards/Kestrels who in Broadland dwell / Quanting on
- The Sailing Song
- There is nothing like a quant
- Those were the days
- Through early morning mist I see
- Umpy Didle
- We are sailing on the river/We are the Harriers/Mallards/Kestrels cruise
- Where have all the cruisers gone?
- Who wants to be a Harrier's mate?